Thursday, January 1, 2009

1959 Peerless Part 5

I finely had the Peerless running pretty good, when I decided that it needed a new coat of paint. With a fiberglass body, and several previous coats on it, I was not sure if adding another coat was the answer, or if it had to be stripped down to the glass. Before I could make the decision, I had a heart attack. I was ok, but out of work for a long time. I needed something to do before I returned to work full time so I started sanding down the paint. It only took a little work for me to decide that this was too big a project for me in my current state. At about that time I was offered a job on the east coast, and the company would move me and my family from Los Angeles. Had a tough decision. Did I want to take the Peerless east, where it was useless in snow (no room for chains) or sell it before we moved. Decided that after 8 years of ownership it was time to part.

While the Peerless was a rare car (less than 300 built), very few people knew about it and no one seemed willing to buy it. I learned a good lesson there. Rare does not mean valuable for all cars. A rare Ferrari would sell in the millions and a rare Peerless for less than $2,000. At last found a buyer who seemed to appreciate the car. He wanted to repaint it and touch up a few things. We made a deal and he took the car, books, the original engine and tranny and headed off into the sunset. My wife and I on the other hand headed off into the sunrise on the east coast.

Please leave a comment or E-mail me

My web site has more articles you may be interested in. Honda Accord Aftermarket Parts

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment