Friday, November 20, 2009

SUV, CUV, Wagon, Mini Wagon, Sedan, Coupe?

I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get a little confused when I read about the designations that car manufactures are using for their products.

Life used to be so simple. Did I want a sedan or coupe? Needed more room then choose a wagon. But wagons went out of style and I believe that hatchbacks filled some of these needs.

Then SUV came in. A sedan mounted on a truck chassis. Initial ones drove and felt like trucks. After a while they were softened and began to feel and drive a little more like cars.

Now we have the CUV's like the Honda Accord Crosstour, and the Acura ZDX. People seem to be asking for a combination vehicle with sports car handling and performance, SUV utility, and some luxury touches. At least that's how these cars are being advertised. Will they succeed in the marketplace. It will be interesting to see how they all do. It looks like SUVs are selling less and less each year, and of course part of this may be to the high price of gas.

As I mentioned, I have purchased a Honda Fit. On one hand I look at this vehicle as a small or mini wagon. I don't plan on going off road or driving in heavy snow, so I don't need 4 wheel drive.
I would love the sports car handling of a CUV, but do I really need it? No not at this time.

Thanks for visiting.

wwww.autogrillcraft.com

SW, BG and MX Grillcraft Grills for your Car, Truck or SUV

No comments:

Post a Comment