Friday, February 13, 2009

Worlds Fastest Car?

Last night I was watching TV and the show was called something like Mega World. The topic was Sweden and some of the unique features of the country, from portable weapons to the worlds fastest production car. This program showed the Koenigsegg CCX, a 250 mile per hour super car. They interviewed the inventor and showed details of the car, such as 806 hp motor. They also mentioned that the car had broken the speed record previous held by the McLaren F1 of 240 miles per hour.

That rang a bell and I realized that the show was at least several years old, because I remembered that the Bugatti Veyron was supposed to be the fastest production car. So this morning I Googled and found out I was wrong again. Turns out the Veyron has lost its title and the new top dog is the SSC Ultimate Aero at 257 miles per hour. You can see the complete list here:
http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-cars/fastest-cars-in-the-world-top-10-list/

While I guess the economy is hurting most folks, there are still some around who can $500,000 plus to own one of the worlds fastest exotics. While I love looking at and driving sports cars, I have to admit I have no need for a car that can go over 200 mph. Do you?

Comments or E-mail me


Honda Accord Performance Parts

Honda Accord Appearance Parts

No comments:

Post a Comment