Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Honda Insight New Dash

One of the most interesting features of the new Honda Insight is the dash. It is called an Eco Assist dashboard. This dashboard tracks what you are doing with the accelerator pedal and then displays the information on a color changing speedometer. It also shows an "economy scoring function".

All of these are turned on by a large green ECON button on the dashboard. Want to make some changes in how the car operates? Just press this button and the CVT transmissions shifts modes and on board computers adjust the A/C, then stops the engine from idling sooner and it also increases regenerative braking capabilities.

One item which I have to investigate is the real MPG. One report on Honda's web site says 41 MPG, which I reported on yesterday. Today in looking around the web I found an article that suggested 61+ MPG. So I don't know yet the true mileage.

I'm also trying to post a copy of the new dashboard on this blog. Here is the link.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/11/eco_assist_system_1_opt.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to post the actual picture rather than the link? I can copy it, but when I go back to this posting, the paste button is grayed out, and Control V does not work.

Comments or E-mail me


Honda Accord Performance Parts

Honda Accord Appearance Parts


Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment