Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

I was taking my two dogs (yellow labs) on a walk the other day and I went down a street we had not been to before. Passed a house with three cars sitting in the driveway. One was a Mercedes-Benz SL AMG 65, another was a SL AMG 63, and I can't remember the third.

I don't see SL AMG 65's every day, and I was curious about them. I can't tell the years on these particular cars so I don't know if they were brand new, which I doubt, or a couple of years old. I went to the MB web site and took a look at the prices. A new SL AMG 63 starts at $135,000 and the 65 goes for $194,700. Pretty impressive numbers and very impressive cars. Kind of rare for my neck of the woods.

If those were not impressive enough MB came out this year with the SL65 AMG Black series. What's a black series? Well according to the March 2009 issue of Road and Track, one fact is the price. Starts at $299,000!! Now I don't expect to see one of them in person, so I decided to read the article and drool a little. How about a hand-built V12, with sohc, 36 valve, 6.0 liter twin-turbo power. This produces 661bhp at 5400 rpm. Not really a green economy box.

Other impressive stats. Zero to 60 in 3.9 seconds with a top speed being electronically limited to 199 mph. Now why didn't they let it go to 201, and really be impressive? I sure don't know, but with either number I don't think there is any place around where you can stretch this beast's legs.

Comments or E-mail me

Honda Accord Performance Articles

Honda Accord Appearance Articles

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment