Sunday, March 15, 2009

Honda Accord Diesel

The Ayrshire Post.net has just reported on the new Accord Diesel. Yes that's right a diesel. This is Honda's second generation diesel, and of course you can't get one over here. I guess Honda felt that the United States market was not ready for this type of car.

The Accord Diesel is called the 2.2 iDTECES. Please don't ask me what all of those letters mean - I'm only an American and I don't speak English. Anyway the basic specs are:

148bph
2.199cc engine (I guess that's the reason for the 2.2 in the name)
6 speed manual gear box
4cyl diesel engine driving front wheels
0-62mph: 9.6 seconds (I know that European cars are reported as 0-62 mph vs. our 0-60mph. I'm not sure why, does any reader know? If so please advise)
Max speed 132mph (which seems low by American standards, but when was the last time you did over 132mph?). The last time I saw that number I was a passenger in a Lambo, and we were still in the city limits.
And the killer number (drum roll please) Combined mpg: 50.4

Only question I have is that gallons as we think of them or the imperial gallon which take you a little farther?

Price £20,690 for the ES version. This one I can figure out: $28,906.

Well, is there a diesel in your future?

Comments or E-mail me


AEM Cold Air Intake

AEM Cold Air Intake


1 comment:

  1. 100 km = 62.1, hence the 100 km/hr is approx. 62 mph

    ReplyDelete