Thursday, March 5, 2009

Accord Details from Yesterday

Yesterday I reported that the Accord EX-L won the four sedan shootout in Car and Drivers April 2009 issue.

Some of the things the article mentioned were that this Accord was a full size car, which is based on interior room, and not the overall size car. For example, my wife's Jaguar is a large car on the outside, but rated as a "compact" because of interior room. One reviewer thought the Accord was too big and ugly. The other staffers did not hold with his view. Everyone seemed to agree that the five speed transmission needed one more gear because of "languid" in fifth gear. I think some of this is a little bit of the standard moving up. In my mind (and I understand its slipping a little) it was not too long ago that a reasonable automatic transmissions had three gears. Then it went to four and now five gears are not enough. If I remember correctly, one of the new Benz has a seven speed. Somehow I have the feeling we are getting spoiled.

One of the things that they did like was the steering. They called it "intuitive path control - you can place the car with complete confidence, right up to the limits of adhesion." That sounds good to me, because if the car does not handle, I don't want any part of it.

Comments or E-mail me


Honda Accord Performance Articles

Honda Accord Appearance Articles


Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment