Friday, December 26, 2008

Porsche - One of My Favorite Cars

Years ago I had a 1960 Porsche Super 90 356 B Cabriolet. That's a convertible for my English speaking friends. The Super 90 designation stood for 90 horsepower. Sounds funny now but it was one of the top of the line Porsche's that year, as the Normal or standard Porsche had only 60 horsepower. This was still the car with the air cooled engine hanging out the back. If you have never driven one, then you can't appreciate how easy it was to over steer a car. Great fun in the dry, but a car you really had to watch out for in the wet. Slight mistake and the rear end would break away.

Just like today's exotic sports cars the price on the parts was out of this world. However, for some things you could go to your local VW dealer and buy their version at much lower prices. And if you compared the two items you would find them identical. But over the years less and less of Porsche's parts came from the VW factory.

Sometimes you have winner and do not realize that it's one of those cars that will appreciate over time. When I sold it for around $2,000 I thought I had a made a good deal. If I wanted to buy it back today I could not afford it. I just checked on Hemmnings.com and they have one for $119,500. Aw well.

If you have a comment or question.

E-mail Me!


My web site now has a banner, but the buttons are not connected yet.

Honda Accord Special Parts


Thnaks for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment