Friday, December 18, 2009

Honda's Ad vs. The Way Things Go

Of course I like cars, or I would never have started a car oriented blog and several web sites selling automotive parts.

Some of my interest in cars is how do they work? I'm always amazed at how something is designed. A problem is faced and some engineer figures out a way to solve it. In many cases it is part of a larger design where all of the pieces must work together to accomplish a particular function.

I'm sure you have seen the fantastic Honda commercial "Cog" where different components of a car are started moving like a series of dominoes. A beautiful example of how one part can influence another.

I have always given creative credit to the folks that made this commercial. What I did not realize is that they were following in the foot steps of others, who had pioneered this type of project.

One of the earliest I have run across is called "The Way Things Go". If you have not seen this one, you can check it out here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12ffc_fischli-weiss-the-way-things-go_creation

Thanks for visiting.

wwww.autogrillcraft.com

SW, BG and MX Grillcraft Grills for your Car, Truck or SUV

No comments:

Post a Comment