Friday, October 9, 2009

Honda Fit

I was always considering that my next car would be a Honda Accord. However in the past few days I have changed my mind. My next ride will probably be a Honda Fit. Why a Fit? Several reasons.

First is total cost. I have two very expensive cars today. A Ferrari and a Jaguar. True, they are not very new, and not worth a whole lot, but boy are they expensive when it's time for repairs. This time around I wanted a new car, for not a lot of money.

Next was the fact that my wife and I have two dogs. I guess you would call them large size, as one weighs 110 lbs and the skinny one 105. They take up an entire back seat and like to stick their heads out of the window when we are driving slowly in the city. They ride today in the back seat of a Toyota Camry. The seat used to be covered in nice leather. Today it is covered in duct tape and a blanket. Besides ruining the seat, there is a second disadvantage, in the gap between the seat edge and the back of the front seats. The dogs can fall into this gap and hurt themselves.

A Honda Fit offers a flat, carpeted bed, when the rear seats are folded down. Easy for the dogs to jump up and still able to look out of the windows.

The Fit is also rated the #1 sub compact by various car mags and organizations. Different looks, great mileage (highway 33-35 depending on the transmission), light on the initial fee (under $20,000), peppy but not very fast.

Five speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. My wife would be using the normal automatic transmission and I would wear out the paddle shifters.

More tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting.

www.autogrillcraft.com

Grillcraft BG | SW | MX grills


No comments:

Post a Comment