Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Honda Fit Conclusion

In the prior two blogs I mentioned several reasons for looking at a Honda Fit as my next car. In this blog I'll wrap up my reasons.

One key reason is the size of the car. It is a sub-compact but handles and loads like a larger car. Over the years I have driven small cars and large station wagons and pickup trucks. Of course along with sport cars. I have to say that I don't like large cars. Yes they may be safer in an accident, and on a long trip they may be better, but all in all they are a pain.

They use more gas, have much larger turning circles, harder to park, harder to get in and out of in tight spaces and I always feel they are bigger than the traffic lanes I drive in. Ya, I know I'm a little crazy, but that's the way I feel. Big is not better.

The second reason is safety. My newest car (my wife's car actually) is a 1999 model. There have been some improvements in car safety since then. The fit comes with Active Front Head Restraints, Front Airbags, Side Airbags with OPDS (Occupant Position Dection System), Side Curtain Airbags, Side Impact Beams, ACE Body Structure (Honda's front end construction), Vehicle Stability Assist, ABS and Traction Control.

It also has 10 cup holders, and my Ferrai has only one (me).

Last, and perhaps most important is the color choices. Several years ago at a car show my wife fell in love with a purple Lamborghini. Now I don't have $300,000 plus to buy her one. But the Honda Fit comes in a new shade called Blackberry Pearl. And it's close enough to purple to keep her happy.

Thanks for visiting.

wwww.autogrillcraft.com

SW, BG and MX Grillcraft Grills for your Car, Truck or SUV

No comments:

Post a Comment