Friday, July 24, 2009

Honda Accord Tops Reliability in UK

Today in the UK Guardian was an article about the results of a comparison by Which? Car.

I have never heard of Which? Car. Have you?

Anyway they surveyed motorists and the Honda Accord came in the top spot with a score of 98.5. Second place was the Honda Jazz with a score of 98.2 reliability rating.

The survey was based on information from the owners of more than 84,000 vehicles. They were asked questions about breakdowns, faults and niggles they had experienced while driving. I love English words like "niggles".

Now an aside. I recently heard on the radio (US version) someone talking about the difference in accent by an English speaker and an American English speaker. The reason was something I had never heard about. Seems that in America we are still speaking the English that was popular in England in the 17th century. However, the language has moved on in England, while remaining almost frozen in the US. How's that for progress.

Back to the survey. Other Japanese brands took five of the remaining top 10 spots, so it was a sweep for the Japanese car makers.

How about the other end of the scale? Dead last out of 121 car makes was the sporty Audi A5.
I don't follow the Audi, as I have never had one, but I seem to recall that they did not do too badly in car magazine road tests. If I'm correct in this, then it just points out that how a car does in a particular test when it's brand new and how it holds up for the long run are two different animals.

Drop me a line, or make a comment. It's awful lonely talking to yourself.

Honda Accord Exhaust Systems

Thanks for visiting!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment