Thursday, July 2, 2009

Consumer Reports Spanks Honda Insight!

As a rule Consumers Reports has only had high praise for all Honda products. I'm sure that they were looking forward to testing the Insight and comparing it to the Toyota Prius.

Just how disappointed they were can be understood by this quote: "The (2010) Insight is the most disappointing Honda Consumer Reports has tested in a long time,"

If you are a Consumers Report's follower this is indeed a death blow. I subscribe and use their evaluations before I make a major purchase. Our last one was for a vacuum cleaner. We choose one of their top brands. If I was in the marketplace for a hybrid, after reading this report it would not be on my list.

The full report about how Consumers felt is here:http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090630/cato_honda_090702/20090702?s_name=Autos

Or you can purchase the magazine, as I do.

The most interesting part of this particular article to me was how badly Honda missed the mark. They had a clear Toyota target to shoot at. I know the initial strategy was to offer a lower entry price - which they did. They also get reasonable mileage with the Insight. But it seems they missed out by making a true hybrid. Rather they got only some of the pieces correct.

Comments or E-mail me

Honda Accord After Market Parts

Honda Accord After Market Parts

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment