Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Altezza or Euro Tail Lights

I have recently added a line of tail lights to my web site. They are made by AnzoUSA and are of the Altezza style. I wanted to write an article for Ezinearticles.com about them so did a little research on the web.

I knew that the Altezza style meant small projector type bulbs and a large clear shield for the lights, but did not know much else. So I checked out Wikipedia.com, one of my first sources for information.

Seems like Toyota introduced a Lexus IS (Intelligent Sport) model in 1998 that had a unique looking tail light housing, with a lot of chrome inside. It really looked different than the all red or red and clear backup light area found on most other cars. The name Altezza came from the same car which was sold in Japan, and called the Toyota Altezza.

OK, I can understand this. What is confusing to me is why a Japanese style tail light is called a "Euro" style? The style did not start in Europe. However, some European car picked up the trend. Another possibility is that the Lexus IS was introduced to Europe in 1999 and in America in 2000. So I guess this style could have been called "American" style tail lights.

Does anyone have some additional information about this?

Thanks for visiting.

Altezza Style Tail Lights for Honda Accord

No comments:

Post a Comment